Our new museum will be located in four historic buildings on the NE quadrant of
Springfield’s Park Central Square.
HISTORY MUSEUM ON THE SQUARE
- CREATE a new interactive History Museum destination for the Springfield Community and its visitors.
- LAUNCH innovative technology to explore, preserve and present our history and the foundations of Springfield and Greene County.
- ENGAGE citizens and community guests by offering:
- - High tech hands on history for kids
- - Historical walking tours
- - Costumed reenactments
- - Additional local history experiences in the historic Fox Theater
- ATTRACT exciting traveling exhibits from across our nation.
- DEVELOP an expanded flex space allowing us to uniquely share significant items from our archival and dimensional collections
“The Fabulous Fifties” Our 2012 Summer Exhibit
Visit our Calendar for more information.